This is a short introduction to The Daily Maid Service Ltd. If when you have read through this you are still interested in a job, please fill out the application form at the bottom of the page and post it to us (details at the bottom). Due to the nature of our business the application form is comprehensive, so please fill out all the pages completely. If you feel the job is not for you, I would like to thank you for your time and to wish you well in your search for employment.
I am looking for staff who will take pride in their work and treat the job seriously. In the past we have had staff treating the job as if it didn't matter whether they turned up or not. It IS important to turn up on the days you have requested to work as the customers are booked according to the staff available. It also means the person you are working with on that day may lose work when they have taken the trouble to turn up.
Working for The Daily Maid Service Ltd. is NOT JUST A CLEANING JOB. It is a job in the service industry working with the public. This is one of the most important points to be made - the cleaning has to be carried out to a high standard - this will gain the respect of our customers who will then rely upon you to carry out the duties they do not have time for.
This may seem to be a lot to read through but please persevere; it will give you an indication of the kind of work and the standards we will expect from you.
The main points are as follows:
1) Monday to Friday - The work mainly consists of domestic cleaning in private homes. This has to be of a high standard i.e. making sure all surfaces cleaned have been buffed dry, cobwebs removed, kitchen floors washed every time and vacuuming carried out thoroughly along with polishing, dusting and general house work.
2) Areas covered by us are Ringwood, Christchurch, Bournemouth, Poole, Wimborne and anything inbetween.
3) You will normally be designated an area for a day and will either stay in that area for the whole time or work your way back to the office.
4) You work in pairs with one person designated as the driver.
5) One or both of you has to come into the office in the morning to pick up the jobs and keys for that day and someone must come back to the office to return keys and any payments that have been picked up. You can pick up jobs for the following day when you come back into the office if this makes it easier for you.
6) You are paid weeky ONE WEEK in ARREARS. The week runs from Monday to Sunday
7) Pay day is Friday normally from 4.30pm - 5.00pm and payment is made by cheque.
Fill out an application form
To apply to the Daily Maid Service Ltd., just print out our application form and post it to us at:
4 The Old Stables
16 Wharfdale Road
To download the form, please right click here and select "Save Target As".